Monday, December 27, 2010

Ok God, enough is enough, turn the taps off!

After 24 hours house bound with the stupid rain coming down almost non stop in Brisbane we decided to get out of the house and go and see our house. Interesting drive there actually. We had to go to bunnings first to get gumboots (yay, the size 12 fit his huge feet) and surprisingly they were almost sold out of gumboots due to the weather!

Anyway the road near bunnings at Oxley was flooded and closed. Then when we were heading out to our house there were trees down over the road and the police had to redirect traffic around it.

So we got to the house and the painter was working, however the back bedroom, hallway and bathroom were flooded! I asked where it had come from saying I was concerned it was seeping through from outside, then he came out and said 'oh we just had a big downpour and it came in the window!' Grrr, what an idiot, I'm sorry we're in the middle of a huge downpour and he leaves the windows open for god knows how long and the house ends up flooded, what a tool! I was so mad and he was certainly a d*ck, had 0 personality or people skills so I didn't get many pics and we left! He better do a good job! I texted the supervisor so he was aware. I didn't want him paying the guy before checking there wasn't any damage, there was a fair bit of water and he was just sloshing around in it! I knew from the beginning this guy was going to be trouble!

I cant tell if the wall colour has gone on or not yet, it looks like the ceilings are done as far as I can tell.

 Ensuite
 Bedroom doors being painted
 No more green front door, it has undercoat but will eventually be red.
 Looking from the front towards the back
 More puddles
A new puddle at the front door now!

I'm not going to be rushing back to the house again, its just too depressing, mind you its depressing at home feeling helpless too :-(

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear I hope the painter does a good job for you..I'm sure he will though! Silly that he left the window open!

    ReplyDelete