Friday, January 28, 2011

'Unofficial' walk-through booked

So, his first morning back from holidays and our supervisor phoned us to organise for us to meet him on Monday morning at 7am (yuk, so early!) to do our unofficial walk through and red dot the place before the painter turns up.

He also gave us the name of their silt net company who I've just rung and organised some new silt net with for Monday. The last thing we want is for them to clean the site up of silt and then it rain and fill up again!

I told them to make sure it goes on our site so the other builders don't pull it down again! grrr! I think we'll keep this up until the builder at the back puts turf down and until we landscape on top of our retaining wall to stop run off. It will be less than $200 I think, money well spent to stop our back yard filling up again!

So, this weekend......
  • Curtain Wonderland sale to try and find a cheaper option to cover the big back triple sliding doors
  • Retravision to continue seeking a stainless steel fridge that doesn't dint (a lot of reviews I've read say theirs dint all on their own?!)
  • Seek out some split system air-con's on sale
  • Measure and order our Laura Ashley black and silver/grey striped wall paper for behind the bed in the main bedroom. I'm pretty sure its still on sale so bonus there!
  • See if Bunnings have some bigger door stops? With our double doors only 1 door fully opens and has a door stop on it, the other one stays about 20-30cm from the wall so we need something that will keep these doors open if need be. Has anyone ever seen something like this?
  • Oh and in the middle of all that, squeeze in a hairdresser appointment and book in the make-up for my sisters wedding in October.
That should do! What is every other house building blogger up to this weekend? I kind of can't help but do house stuff, it's so close now I'm too excited not too! lol!



No comments:

Post a Comment