Monday, January 24, 2011

Feeling useless and irritated! (sorry bit of a rant~)

Well I'm back at work now but I'm a PA and the guy I'm PA for is still away so its still rather quiet at work. I'm trying to use this time to organise what I can for when we get the keys but I feel useless and like there is nothing more I can do :( 

Our site supervisor is on leave till Friday too so I'm not entirely sure what's even happening at the house this week? I've organised to meet some trades on site to do final measures on Thursday morning before work but apart from that I'm getting irritated feeling stuck doing nothing when our house is so close now, just hurry up already! lol!

So far I've organised:
  • Driveway, got a great quote~
  • Blinds and shutters, sorted and ordered
  • Carpets, sorted and ordered
  • Gas connection, ordered, hopefully its done
  • Splash back, sorted, ordered this week!
Hopefully I can get our deck and fence guy to meet us this weekend.
Need to sort air-con at the good guys this weekend and which fridge to get.
Waiting on a second tiling quote as we may not be able to get our first tiler now.
Electricity company chosen.
Insurance quotes in.
Internet cant really be organised yet.
Bit more furniture to get but might as well get it delivered straight to the new place so wont order yet as its in stock.
Waiting on wall paper samples to come in the mail so I can order that.
Trying to arrange a time with our cabinet maker friend to get some extras measured and ordered.

Hmmm, to those who have moved into their homes is there anything else you can think of I can do now?

3 comments:

  1. Antenna: there's plenty out there and not that expensive, you can even do it yourself
    Wheelie bin: You can organise this days before you move in.
    Telephone: Don't let anyone tell you that Telstra have to do it, because I was told straight from Telstra, that any of the companies that offer phone services can connect you up. They are the most expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jay Jay,
    Im not sure if we need to organise antenna or phone because we have fibre optic to our estate we're going to get a bundle that includes internet, phone and tv as well i think. thanks for the wheelie bin one~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also consider how you would deal with drainage and mud in the backyard. That was our biggest problem after handover recently (mud clogging surface drains). Looks like more rain to come in SE Qld, so best to be prepared.

    ReplyDelete