Friday, February 25, 2011

We've handed over! We have our keys!

So after playing some more phone tag early this morning we got the call that handover would be at 10.30am on site.

Handover took almost 2 hours by the time we went through all the paperwork and talking through how everything worked etc.

We were then given a beautiful Metricon big gift box (i wont tell you what it was unless you email me to keep it a surprise for those of you yet to handover).

We gave our ss a carton of coronas, locked up and I headed off to get a pedicure (i have my priorities right don't I!lol!) and Dec went off and bought his new 55inch Sony Bravia LED 3D, TV and surround sound with blue ray player. The box is huge! I also bought some cleaning products then came home for a nap before we went back out with both our families for nibbles and celebratory drinks.

It was fun to have everyone there and weird being there at night with all the lights on for the first time. Still doesn't feel like its ours but hopefully soon it will.

The tiler starts at 7am on Monday then once he is finished we will get the carpet installed, THEN we can move in! Next weekend all going well.

Tomorrow I'm off to a tropical gardening course in the morning then to Howard Storage World and to look at some more bedside tables while Dec is at the Soundwave concert all day.

I think Sunday we will start packing :-)

I'll post some more internal pics after the floors are done.

Happy weekend everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Yay for you guys!!! I can't imagine how it must feel to actually get your keys after all this time.
    Enjoy!! (can't wait for some piccies)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations guys, been enjoying watching your progress and finally it's paid off. Enjoy many years of happiness in your home!

    T&T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff, it's amazing the amount of spending that is needed to make the house look great. After almost a month we still don't have everything

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATRULATIONS!!! Yaaaaaay how exciting!!!! All the best for you guys in your new home :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS!! How exciting!!

    Hope the tiling etc goes smoothly - cant wait to see some finished pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent!! Great news! I hope it all goes well for you guys. We moved in on the day of handover and haven't looked back! :->

    ReplyDelete