Well what a good phone call from our supervisor that just was! Apparently they have just finished filling our piers with concrete, the drains will be done tomorrow (Wed 20th), they will prep for the slab on Thursday (21st) and they are trying to get concrete for the slab for Friday but as the sun is now out everyone wants concrete so they have it booked for Saturday (23rd)! He is also hoping his carpenter will start on Monday! What a change of tune after yesterdays phone call!
So I said "so what did the engineer say yesterday about the piers" and he brushed if off like it wasn't a huge deal by saying "oh he just made us drill down till we hit something more solid and we had to cage up the piers with steel". So I said "will we be up for more money?" and he said "I wont know till I get the bill, but maybe just some more concrete"! All that freaken stress yesterday over nothing!
I don't know whether to be happy things are happening at last or angry he stressed us out over nothing yesterday!
Oh well, now we just have to wait and see if they need a rock breaker on site tomorrow doing the drains. Oh and we need this sun to stick around too! Some showers won't worry them but anything like the rain we've had recently will really stuff them around again.
This calls for opening a bottle of wine tonight I think, stuff the diet! lol! Although, maybe I should hold off celebrating until we actually have a slab!
No comments:
Post a Comment