So if you've been following our blog you would have seen the home stretch has been far from smooth sailing. I feel like we take 2 steps forward 1 day and 1 step backwards the next day. We're getting there slowly but surely but its not all happening the way I had dreamed it would. (for those just starting out, dream low and anything more will be a bonus! lol!)
We'll move in 1 day I guess! 1 thing about all these delays is that by the time we actually get to move in pretty much everything will be done so that will be nice!
Our tiles are ready to be delivered but I haven't had am actual date from them just yet. They ended up only taking 12 days from Melbourne but now our tiler cant start till the 28th, 2 weeks! More setbacks!
The block next to us on the right has been cut in the last week. The cut is huge! We also got to meet the lady owner (investment property) from WA who popped in while we were wallpapering. She was in Qld for business and popped in to meet us which was nice. She is lovely and said Colorbond fencing is included in her house and land package so that's another side free! Yipee! 2 down, 1 to go! lol!
We'll move in 1 day I guess! 1 thing about all these delays is that by the time we actually get to move in pretty much everything will be done so that will be nice!
Our tiles are ready to be delivered but I haven't had am actual date from them just yet. They ended up only taking 12 days from Melbourne but now our tiler cant start till the 28th, 2 weeks! More setbacks!
The block next to us on the right has been cut in the last week. The cut is huge! We also got to meet the lady owner (investment property) from WA who popped in while we were wallpapering. She was in Qld for business and popped in to meet us which was nice. She is lovely and said Colorbond fencing is included in her house and land package so that's another side free! Yipee! 2 down, 1 to go! lol!
It's obviously going to be a split level but even the owner couldn't remember what the floor plan looked like! Will be interesting to see it go up.
The little gap at the back where our property overlaps with another has drilled their holes for their fence so that should be going in soon too. That completes the back 'free' section! ;-)
Hopefully it's timber to match up with the other timber one at the back then we can paint it all to match.
Next, the newly laid driveway has started chipping and the colour isn't underneath! Grrr! The concretor got some nasty words and he went and looked at it and is meeting the concrete company rep there tomorrow but he tells me not to stress he will sort it out. He thinks it could be sand lumps but I kinda think it could be because he still hasn't sealed it and that should have been done straight away.
Our crooked electrical box that was bugging me because a delivery driver had backed into it got fixed! I hailed down 2 Energex utes on Saturday and they stopped and straightened it up! Bonus!
Here is a pic of Dec's creation from the weekend. I needed some of our spare bricks moved off the new construction site next door so he stacked them up as a letter box to try and prove to me he could build us a real one! haha! Nice try Dec! :-)
Yesterday our air-cons went in. There were 3 guys and it took 4 hours to install 3 split systems. Apart from some dirty fingerprints on the wall they did a good job, oh except the main bedroom system the fan things don't open to let the air out and the guys weren't allowed to open the system or it would void the warranty so they have to send a service guy to fix it. Its a brand new system, how could they not work straight away?!
Rumpus
Main bedroom (got the alarm sensor moved earlier in the morning)
Man cave.
So while we were putting up wallpaper on Sunday Dec installed the matching hand towel rings in the bathrooms. His second handy man chore and he did a good job I think! While I'm at it here are some evening ensuite pics!
Pretty?
Now today's accomplishment, we got the freaken concrete at last! This is at the back and front door and will be decked over sometime soon.
He didn't completely do it as we had asked but it's done and hopefully it's OK.
I'm not convinced the fall to the drains is enough so i need it to rain to test it out
(I cant believe I'm now wishing it would rain!)
In some spots the height he's allowed is only 100mm and the deck guy needs 110mm so hopefully that's OK with them?
YAY for no more mud!
There is another drain under that bit of board there that we had asked him to incorporate but he didn't do it. We could always add a little bit more concrete or drain the grass area to this drain instead??
He was going to put in a step where the ramp is so I'm not totally impressed with that but I'm hoping the deck guy can work something out.
At least we can keep some of the dirt out of the house now
And that's all I've got to update you all on for now! (sorry if I bored you :p)
Good luck for the move - finally!!
ReplyDeleteI guess the delays meaning you could get lots done is a bonus in a way - remind me that when I am moaning about getting into our place ok? LOL
Its looking fantastic - cant wait to see it when you move in :)